Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anyone...Anyone?

Do any of you have any experience with "elimination communication?"

I have been on and off trying this with Laney since she was about four months old. Basically, if you don't know what EC is, it is a method of teaching babies to be aware of their bodily functions and placing them on the potty when they need to go. I thought it sounded kind of crazy at first, but did a lot of research on it after hearing from a friend from Africa where this is the norm. We had a lot of success in the beginning, but Laney just doesn't want to sit on the potty anymore. I did get her to go pee in there this morning, but not poop. I just finished cleaning up the mess that was me trying to catch her mid-poop.

This is from the summer.

Basically, I'm just trying to decide if it is worth the time and effort getting her used to going on the potty at this age. I know she's not going to be "potty trained" right now but I would like her to know what the potty is for and to understand that she can go on it.

And with that, I will leave you with a kiss from Laney. Because you deserve one after reading about her poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails