Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deck the halls

I've had my decorations up for about three weeks now. What I hadn't done until now is photograph them.


First of all, we have to cover the tree. Sadly, we are fakers. I love real trees, but I like to have them up for longer than a real tree will allow. I am also terrible about remembering to water them. I am thinking about going real next year. Our tree looks much prettier out-of-focus (thanks fun SLR). This is partly due to the fact that there are no ornaments on the bottom third of the tree (thanks baby) and partly due to my lack of decorating skills (thanks genetics?). I know it's kind of themey with the blue and all. I had planned on decorating it in blue and green when I found a large tub of blue ornaments for cheap. What do you think? Should I add some green?




Every year I look forward to pulling ornaments out of dusty boxes and looking at each one. Because they all have memories attached to them.

...Memories of loved ones who are no longer with us.


...our first Christmas married.


...and our first Christmas with Laney.


...And decorations that remind us what this season is really about. While I am thankful for our first Christmas with Laney, it doesn't even come close to how thankful I am for the first Christmas of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails