Thursday, December 9, 2010

She's really a toddler

The amount of new things Laney has been doing lately is incredible. I have no idea how she managed to turn into a toddler right under my nose. She has been walking for awhile but it's the communication that really makes her seem grown. I know at this point she can understand a lot more than she can communicate. That's why I decided about a month ago to get serious with signing and it has cut down a lot of frustration on Laney's part (OK and sometimes me too). If I ask her if she needs a diaper change she will usually run to her room (same if I tell her it's time for "night-night" and she actually feels like sleeping). She knows what her doll, baby, ball, balloon, and several other toys are if I say them out loud. She is also starting to listen to me when I say no.

She is such a personality. I love seeing this come out. I love her. Mike and I look at each other just about everyday and say that to each other. Don't worry we say "I love you" to each other as well.

Stats:

Weight: 21 lbs
Length: 30 inches
Animal sounds: cow, pig, horse, monkey, fish, bear, lion
Signing: more, all done, please (along with a verbal "pea"), eat, and milk
Teeth: six with two more about to poke through the gums
Words: mama, dada, please (pea), ball (ba), bye-bye (bub-bub)
Guestures: Claps, waves bye-bye, blows kisses, plays peek-a-boo

Her Christmas dress!


My first foray into the world of baby bows/clips
OK Mum, no more pictures
P.S. The pillow-making went well and I now have two more wonderful goose down pillows. I plan on posting a tutorial soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails