Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The longest day of the year

I will not let the mosquitoes win. This summer, well all one day of it, I have decided that I am not going to hide from the mosquitoes. I will suck it up and use bug spray.

After all, we only have a short window of time to enjoy the beautiful weather. If you're wondering why this is, I've created a lovely (and completely accurate) depiction of our Alberta seasons.

If I ever come across billions of dollars, I will immediately offer the majority of my fortune to the person who discovers a way to make those pesky mosquitoes extinct.

I really don't think they're necessary.

I get huge welts from the bites.

I can't stop scratching them.

On the bright side, we don't have malaria (among other diseases) here so I really shouldn't be complaining. For me it's just a nuisance and for others, it's a matter of life and death.

Anyways, that was fun. No really, I have been having fun with Laney. She is a little water baby just like I am. "Sfimming" is one of her favourite activities. And, I'm constantly bombarded with "side, side, side" which of course means "take me outside now, mummy."





Daddy gave it to her

My child loves the park. And since I need the exercise, I decided today was an excellent one for a bike ride to our favourite spot.

She looks so big playing here.



The swing gets a "thumbs up"



I can't believe that at this time last year she was crawling around in the grass. A lot can happen in one year.

Happy Summer. Enjoy it. It goes by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails