Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The quitters

I felt it when I woke up this morning. Burning muscles. Everywhere. I was already making excuses in my head as to why I wouldn't work out this morning ("you can ease into it" "wait until you're not as sore; you can work up to everyday" "Laney woke up early, do it later"). I immediately (OK a few minutes later) recognized these voices in my head as "the quitters" and I decided I wasn't going to let them win this time. That is why I dragged myself out of bed and made myself do day 2 of the 30 Day Shred this morning.  I found that once I got warmed up my muscles didn't hurt as bad, although I definitely wasn't able to keep up the pace as well as yesterday. I did finish it though. I will work through the pain. I just hope the soreness isn't compounded tomorrow.

Anyways, I wasn't the only one tired yesterday. Last evening, Mike wanted to clean up the yard a bit. I dressed Laney up and let her run around the yard in the crisp air. After her bath, I was doing our nighttime ritual starting with brushing her hair. Instead of fighting me for the brush as usual, Laney laid her head against me. I called Mike in and found that she had fallen asleep against me, still on her bath towel.






I was so disappointed that I couldn't just lay her down like that (stupid diaper and sleeper). It was one of those moments I want to etch into my memory. Long after she's grown I want to be able to close my eyes and remember every detail. And, I think she caught onto something. Tonight she needed me to rock her to sleep and it has been a very long time since she has allowed me that privilege. I am one blessed mother.


2 comments:

  1. Honestly my heart just melted to see the pictures of your little angel. Her eyes are enormous and gorgeous!:) Also I love the knitted sweater.
    Good for you for continuing your excersize...it is NOT easy but so worth it! Great work!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,

    Thank you!

    My mum is an excellant knitter so I am so thankful for the cute clothes she's gotten from her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails