Sunday, July 25, 2010

Times Like These

What a wonderful weekend I've just had. We had one of those rare summer weekends with no plans and nowhere to hurry off to.

We spent some time in a local park, walking around.


We pushed Laney in a swing. She absolutely loved it.


We took her to the splash park, which she was a little more unsure of.


Then we set off for home with a happy baby.


Finally, I had some time of pure bliss on Sunday evening. I don't know about you, but I cherish time by myself every now and then, even more so after becoming a mother. Mike left to play basketball with some friends and Laney was down for the night (OK, a little more realistically, until the first feeding). I went out and sat on my deck and just sat in silence. I love evenings like that. The TV off. No music playing. No talking. I just took in the beautiful evening. I was alone with my thoughts. And it was wonderful.

Of course I couldn't resist a few dorky shots of myself taking it all in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower, Thank you for share nice blog,

    pictures very nice, your baby so cute.

    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/

    my community is http://theblogfrog.com/1233755

    Have a nice day.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for checking me out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails